Apply to be our 2022 Summer Intern!
Are you a university student looking to gain some work experience? Are you interested in sports, gender equality and diversity and inclusion?
Women In Sports Empowered Hong Kong Limited (“WISE”) is seeking a passionate individual to join our team as a summer intern. Support our work at WISE!
This is a part-time internship suitable for someone who is in her or his tertiary education studies and is enthusiastic about promoting sports and empowering youth and individuals through sports. This internship is unpaid, but a small stipend will be offered.
We are building a world where women and girls can thrive without limitations through sports. We use sports as a tool for gender empowerment to drive the equality agenda in all areas such as workplace, education, and community. We champion the advancement of women and girls’ leadership in and through sport, with the aim to achieve gender equality and a diverse and inclusive culture in Hong Kong.
We are registered as a charitable Section 88 tax-exempt entity in Hong Kong with tax file number IR91/16449. The organisation began informally in January 2017. In October 2017 WISE incorporated and our charity status was approved in December 2020.
About the Internship opportunity
As a summer intern, you will provide general support to our team, including our Interim Director and other designated WISE representatives to execute tasks in any of the following areas:
- Programs and Activities
- Marketing and Communications
- Fundraising and Partnership
Your main duties and responsibilities can be tailored to meet your learning objectives. Examples can include:
- Development of content, resources and materials including but not limited to audio, visual and written formats for presentations and social media
- Supporting us in the delivery and organization of our activities for our Programs in accordance with our core focus areas
- Researching and testing program ideas to continually adapt and improve the programs to deliver more value to participants
- Development of online resources and content related to our sports activities and curriculum
- Researching and contacting venues for potential events
- Providing regular communications and updates to partners and stakeholders
- Contacting stakeholders as pertinent
- Coordinating and setting up different types of activities and events
- Writing up event summaries
- Providing support in the development of toolkits or best practice guides
- Provide support to gather information for proposal writing and submission
- Support the development of proposals for our grant writing
- Tracking and maintaining data and records
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in English and Cantonese
- Experience using MS Office application software and Google G-Suite environment
- Detail oriented, observant, organised, proactive, fast-learner and can self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills